- Last Updated on Friday, 01 August 2014 01:46
The MVRCC will hold its 6th Annual “Easy to Be Green” Day on Wednesday, August 13 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Chamber building, One Chamber Plaza. This annual event is held in partnership with Goodwill Industries of Southwestern Pa.
|General Industries donates unwanted computer equipment to the Chamber's Green Day.|
The following items will be collected:
- Electronics - computers, monitors, cell phones, digital cameras, chargers, adapters, microwaves, old radios etc. by Goodwill Industries of Southwestern PA. As of July 9, 2013 Goodwill announced that it can no longer accept television sets. The Chamber has no outlet to recycle or dispose of televisions so they will not be accepted under any circumstances. Please check with your County planning commission to see where televisions can be disposed of responsibility. Businesses wishing to dispose of a large number of computers can call Goodwill for a pick up - the number is 412-632-1932.
- Clothing - used clothing will be accepted by Goodwill Industries of Southwestern PA.
- Eyeglasses - used eyewear will be refit for people in need. (Charleroi Lions Club)
- Paper - available on “Green” day and every day.
What Goes in the Paper Retriever® Bin?
• Newspaper and Inserts, Magazines/catalogs • Office/School papers, window envelopes, paperback books, workbooks and staples without a problem. • Shredded paper is acceptable but please bag the shreds before putting them in the Retriever bin. • However, please do not recycle colored paper, wrapping or tissue paper, carbon paper or sticky notes. • Mail – Most direct mail is printed on high quality recyclable paper. Please recycle the mail that you feel comfortable putting in our recycling bin.
• No Cardboard • No food boxes, fiberboard or chipboard.• No textbooks or hard cover books.
• No Phone Books
The Chamber of Commerce and Green Day participants have the right to refuse items that are not acceptable for recycling.
For more info, call 724-483-3507 or online at www.mvrchamber.org.