- Last Updated on Tuesday, 01 August 2017 17:56
The Brownsville Area Revitalization Corporation (BARC) will hold its 9th annual Ducky Race & Homecoming on Saturday, August 5, 2017 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Brownsville Riverside Wharf located on Water Street.
The Celebration will feature vendor booths, the ducky race, and a visit from Chase & Marshall of Paw Patrol.
BARC has 1,000 numbered tickets available. A $5 donation adopts a duck for the race. At 1 p.m. on the day of the event, all adopted ducks will be put into the Monongahela River from the Inter-County Bridge and will follow a course to the finish line at the Brownsville Riverside Wharf. The first six ducks arriving at the finish line will be awarded the following prizes:
- 1st “Local Package” - Overnight at Park Inn by Radisson Uniontown with breakfast for two in the RBG Grill. Gift certificates include Dairy Queen, Five Guys, Fox's Pizza, Olive Garden, Pizza Hut, Pizza Wagon, and Red Lobster.
- 2nd “Kennywood” - Tickets for a family of four.
- 3rd “Fun Package” - Tickets for Washington Wild Things, Sky Zone Trampoline Park (1 hour),Carnegie Science Center and Laurel Caverns Kavernputt Miniature Golf.
- 4th “History Package” - Tickets for John Heinz History Center, PA Trolley Museum, Tour of Historic Brownsville to include Nemacolin Castle, Transportation Museum, Flatiron Heritage Center, Melega Art Museum and other historic sites.
- 5th “Nemacolin Woodlands Resort” - $100 gift certificate
- 6th “Movie Night Package” - $20 gift certificate for Brownsville Drive-in, $20 certificate for Route 40 Classic Diner, and tickets to The State Theatre for the Arts Classic Film Series
For more information, please contact Shauna Benz-Patterson/BARC at 724-785-9331.