- Last Updated on Saturday, 28 March 2015 19:29
By Michelle Taylor
At the March Elizabeth Township Council meeting, spring was on everyone’s mind as plans to resurface courts, repair waterlines, and even install a new dek hockey rink were discussed.
The Road Department announced waterlines will be repaired on Oberdick and Friendship Drive. Evergreen Drive was removed but will be added if enough funds are available.
In regards to code enforcement, demolition housing will be used for fire department training, a guard rail is in the works to be put up on Boston Hollow Road, and the code enforcement officer received a new Ford Explorer.
The Parks and Recreation Dept. announced Buena Vista basketball and tennis courts will be resurfaced in-house.
In regards to finance, for the 2015 year, road kill and laundry services spent $850.
In other news:
- Renaming of the Girl Scout camp will be voted on once the suggestions of the residents are narrowed down. Suggestions are welcomed by phone, email, postal mail, and Facebook.
- Salt sheds need to be moved because of their increasing deterioration. The sheds have been there since 1960, and the new location is being discussed.
Motions carried out included:
- The estimate for the dek hockey rink on Chapel Drive will cost $250,000 and was approved.
- Nickolich wants to renew the contract for towing on a month-to-month basis until other bids can be placed.
- Security camera installation at the municipal building for two hi-resolution devices, one inside lobby and one outside, will cost $1,315, while four additional cameras installed throughout the municipal building will cost $5,230. This motion was approved.
The police report included the following:
- 872 calls
- 18 adult arrests
- 1 juvenile arrest
- 38 traffics stops
- 20 citations issued
- 29 auto crashes
- 19 reportable/non-reportable
- 12 crash injuries
Additionally, two new Chevy Tahoes are being fitted for the force.