Join Our Mailing List!
Latest News:
Monumental Men: The Memorials of U.S. Presidents -- "West Jefferson Hills Historical Society Presentation" -- 26 March 2025
DISTRICT X OF THE GARDEN CLUB FEDERATION OF ... -- "The Garden Club Federation of Pennsylvania (GCFP) District X held its Annual ..." -- 26 March 2025
‘Singin’ in the Neighborhood’ -- "Celebrating Pittsburgh’s Musical Legacy" -- 26 March 2025
MON/YOUGH TRAIL COUNCIL 2025 BOSTON TRAIL RACE ... -- "The Mon/Yough Trail Council’s (MYTC) 11th annual spring fundraiser ..." -- 26 March 2025
Donation Helps Defray Costs for K-9 Officer -- "MOJO’S Wallet animal aid charity is pleased to announce a $3,000 donation ..." -- 26 March 2025
LOCAL FISH FRY’S -- "Epiphany of Our Lord Catholic Church The annual Lenten Fish Fry at the ..." -- 26 March 2025
Annual Easter Egg Hunt in Monongahela -- "The Monongahela Area Chamber of Commerce is presenting the Annual Easter Egg ..." -- 26 March 2025
Monessen Community Cleanup Day – April 26 -- "It is that time of year when we want to prepare our community for spring by ..." -- 26 March 2025
Peters Creek Historical Society Holding Spring Tea -- "Peters Creek Historical Society is hosting a "Spring Tea" party at 12:00 noon, ..." -- 26 March 2025
Monessen Community Flea Markets to Run Through ... -- "All are invited to the Monessen Community Flea Markets set for the following ..." -- 26 March 2025

A vintage 1908 wooden interurban trolley station moved to its new home at the Pennsylvania Trolley Museum near Washington, PA on Saturday, June 6.

Wexford3
A large crane disassembles the trolley station, starting with the removal of the roof.

The building was originally constructed in 1908 as a trolley passenger/freight station serving the village of Wexford and for the last 30 years was the popular The Wexford Post Office Deli. It will be restored as useable space to further the Pennsylvania Trolley Museum’s educational mission.

The building, which is approximately 650 square feet, was partially disassembled on Saturday, May 30 at its former location at 120 Wexford Bayne Road (Route 910). The roof was removed in two pieces and moved to the Museum that day, while the main structure was loaded onto a special low trailer in one piece and moved the following Saturday, June 6 to the Museum.

Despite its 16-foot, 4-inch width, the move went very smoothly, with police escorts provided by the Northern Region Police at the beginning of the trip and police escorts by the Chartiers Township Police on the south end.

A large crane provided was used at both locations to disassemble and reassemble the building. Jeff Pleta of Historical Structure Relocation Service, a historic house mover from Washington, PA, oversaw the move, and Insana’s Towing & Crane Service of Washington, PA provided the trucking and crane logistics.

Funding is being provided by grants from the Allegheny Foundation, Washington County Tourism Promotion Agency, First Niagara Bank Foundation and many individual donations. Many donated hours and contributed services have been received, including donated refuse services by Waste Management. The Museum needs to raise an additional $17,000 to complete the project.

RealEstate270x64

PSC 399430 HRb 

MESSENGERWEBAD

Pizza Station

 

  • Prev
  • Featured Advertisers
Scroll to top