- Last Updated on Monday, 27 October 2014 14:46
Amedisys Hospice of PA is seeking volunteers to help patients and families in the Mon Valley service area.
If you have ever cared for or lost a loved one, you know the dedication and time involved in making sure your loved one has the care they need. A small amount of time volunteered could make a difference in a patient’s or family’s life.
Volunteers are needed to:
- Visit patients in their home for companionship.
- Provide respite for a couple hours for a caregiver.
- Run errands like going to the pharmacy or grocery store.
- Complete light housekeeping duties like dusting.
- Share support stories with caregivers.
- Provide some comforti to a bereaved family.
- Participate in a bereavement support group.
- Participate in visits and activities.
Service area includes Monongahela, Charleroi, Belle Vernon, Elizabeth, McKeesport, California, Brownsville, Monessen, Donora, West Newton, Roscoe, Allenport, Jefferson and surrounding communities.
Anyone interested in learning more about this volunteer opportunity can contact Pamela Ridge, Volunteer and Bereavement Program Coordinator, at 724-483-4109.