- Last Updated on Tuesday, 06 April 2021 15:40
It has been a long year not being able to visit with oved ones in person, but beginning March 25, the residents who live at the Residence at Hilltop, a personal care community in Carroll Township (Washington County), will be able to reach out and touch their loved ones in person once again. The staff at the Residence is scheduling visitation from 9 to 11 a.m. and 5 to 7 p.m. Two loved ones may schedule a one hour visit at a time.
“It was very disappointing that we had to suspend visitation for so long,” said Kim Taliani, LPN, CGN, PCA, administrator/director of nursing. “At the Residence at Hilltop, we always say that we are one big family and for the past year we were there for our residents’ birthdays, as well as all of the holidays. We are all looking forward to welcoming back the residents’ loved ones because we miss them too.
For the health and safety of the residents and staff, the following procedures must be followed during all visits:
- All visitors must pass a general health screening before entering the Residence.
- Masks are required to be worn at all times — even among people who have been vaccinated.
- Residents and their loved ones must remain in the resident’s room. A separate area may be designated by the Residence at Hilltop staff for people in semi-private rooms. If weather permits, visits may take place outdoors.
- Residents and their visitor(s) cannot congregate in common areas.