- Last Updated on Friday, 29 August 2014 19:47
All programs are held at the Jefferson Hills Library, 925 Old Clairton Rd. See each program for registration requirements. To register, visit www.jeffersonhillslibrary.org (Event Keeper) or call 412-655-7741.
Home Depot Do-It-Yourself Workshops
- Small Home Improvements
- Thursday, October 2, 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Small repairs creep up on all of us. Need help with a new door lock? Your outlet not working like it should? Tired of the dog being your door bell? We will show you how to fix these and a few more.
- 2 Weeks – Tuesdays, September 9 to November 18, 6:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Tuition: $5 per class
Zumba classes feature exotic rhythms set to high-energy Latin and international beats. Increase your energy and fitness levels. Join us for an easy to do, effective, and totally exhilarating exercise!
Gentle Beginners YOGA & Monthly Nutrition Class
- Saturdays beginning September 13, 9:30 to 10:45 a.m.
- Tuition: $5 per class
This gentle yoga class includes gentle stretches, breathing, relaxation and simple postures to increase range of motion of the major joints, guided relaxation and meditation. Class will include a nutrition class the first Saturday of each month at 11 a.m. by Mark Davis.
Take Better Photos with your Smart Phone – For the Entire Family
- Thursdays, October 9 and 16
- Tuition: $5 per session for the entire family
This two-session class is for everyone in your family who uses his/her smart phone as his/her primary camera. This class will not only teach you the ins and outs of your cell phone’s camera, but also help you better understand what makes strong photographs. You will be introduced to different techniques and concepts that will allow you to set your photographs apart from the rest of the pack.
Author Evening For Friends
- Thursday, September 25, 7 p.m.
Christine Mabon, author of Comfort Food – One Woman’s Journey to Understand the Meaning and Significance of Friendship, will join us to talk about the importance of friendships in our lives, particularly during difficult times. Bring a friend and enjoy the conversation with Christine. Dessert will be provided. Please register on Event Keeper or call the Library.
Halloween Ghost Stories – An Evening for Families with Storyteller Alan Irvine
- October 23, 7:00 to 8:30 p.m.
- Tuition: $5 per family
Alan Irvine captivated the children at the Summer Recreation Program with his tales of the prairie. We are having him back to share ghost stories of the Halloween season with families. Bring the kids and enjoy an evening of (not too) scary folklore, myths and legends in our haunted council chambers. Light refreshments will be served. Register at the library or on event keeper online by October 15.
SAT Preparation Classes
- In preparation for the November 8 SAT test at Thomas Jefferson High School, will hold classes on four Sundays, October 12, 19, 26 and November 2, 1 – 4 p.m.
- Fee: $175
- Permission forms can be picked up at the library.
- Meets Tuesdays from noon to 4 p.m.
- New members are always welcome!