- Last Updated on Wednesday, 02 August 2017 03:37
West Newton Center for Active Adults, located at 103 E. Main St., West Newton, can be reached at 724-872-4976. We are open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Regularly Scheduled Events
- We offer a full-service beauty shop on the premises Tuesday through Friday; call Judy for the price schedule and an appointment.
- Join our fall Wii bowling league…just starting!
- Come each Wednesday at 1 p.m. for 20 games of nickel-a-card bingo. Everyone welcome.
- Bible study is on Tuesdays. Call for new fall schedule.
- Zumba classes are $5 each every Saturday at 9:30 a.m.
- Daily card play and pool players; euchre and poker on special days.
- August 1 at 1 p.m. - Lunch and a show - $5. Featuring two talented musicians with tribute music of Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton. Lunch is at 12 p.m. with a 1 p.m. show. Call or stop in for reservations.
- Lunch and casino each second Monday and fourth Thursday in August. Featuring a 21-passenger van from Lady Luck with lunch at 11:30 a.m. at the center. $2 donation. Then, head off to Nemicolon, where a $10 fee must be paid. You’ll receive $20 in free play as a reward. Call and get on the reservation list.
- Openings available on the following one day bus trips:
- Gateway Clipper lunch buffet cruise with entertainment by Bo Wagner, "Let’s be Frank." Cost - $92. Lunch at noon, cruise following, and 1:45 p.m. drop-off at Rivers Casino. 6 p.m. departure for home.
- Sunday, Aug 13 - Shaker Woods Festival. 200 craftspeople in a wooded area demonstrating their crafts and cooking delicious food. Cost - $42. 8 a.m. departure and 5 p.m. return.
- Saturday, September 16 - Carlisle Inn, Sugarcreek Ohio. 7:30 a.m. departure, breakfast on the way, arrival at 10:30 a.m. to shop at the Amish festival on the grounds and Carlisle shops. 1 p.m. play titled "Mennonite Women Can Cook," 4:30 p.m. buffet supper and departure for home. Cost - $109. Fee includes bus, driver tip, breakfast, buffet dinner, and play ticket.
- Once-a-month gambling trips also available. Phone the center for dates, prices, and the casino being visited.
Be sure and watch for the date of our OPEN HOUSE, in September we will be open for all to see our center and enjoy the special festivities. Stop in and pick up our monthly ‘Shout Out’ publication with luncheon menu and all events listed. Order your luncheon one week in advance and join our friendly center.