- Last Updated on Monday, 30 September 2019 20:39
The Monessen Center for Active adults is located at 1925 Grand Blvd. Our center is open daily Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 3:30pm.
Lunch is served at 12:00 noon for a $2.00 donation (Age 60+) or a $3.33 charge (under 60). Reservations for lunch must be made a week in advance. Daily card playing, wii bowling, Carnival Bingo are just some of our activities. In addition, every Monday and Friday we have progressive Jackpot Bingo starting at 12:45 p.m.
If you have a group such as card club or book club and need a place to meet, please give us a call. We are also, looking for someone to volunteer to teach jewelry making and teaching line dancing. Anyone who would be interested, please call Miriam. For more information, call 724-684-6105 and ask for Miriam or give us your email address to receive our monthly publication of our events.
Below is a list of some of our upcoming events:
- Oct. 8 - Driver Safety Program 8:00am to 12:00 pm
- Oct. 10 - Speaker from Blackburn Center 11:00 am
- Oct. 11 – Coffee and Canvas 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- Oct. 15 - Grocery Bingo 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
- Oct. 22 - Board Meeting 10:00 am
- Oct. 22 - Lunch and Show “Keeping It Country” 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm
- Oct. 23 - Lunch and Bus Trip to Nemacolin 11:30 am
- Oct. 23 - October’s Birthday Celebration 11:00 am
- Oct. 24 - Craft Activity with Salvation Army 10:30 am
- Oct. 31- Halloween Party 11:00 am
We also, have SAIL (Stay Active and Independent for Life) every Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 10:30 am to 11:30 am, and TAI CHI every Friday from 1:00 pm to 2:00pm.
Upcoming Bus Trip
We are now scheduling Bus trips for those who like to take day trips. Our first bus trip is on November 9 and will be an Amtrak Train Ride to Altoona. The bus will pick you up at 6:45am at the Belle Vernon Park and Ride or the Bible Alliance Church Parking Lot (Turkeytown) at 6:30am. The trip begins at 8:00am departure from the Greensburg Train Station for a two hour train ride to Altoona, arriving at 10:00 am. We will tour Altoona by bus, visit the Benzel Pretzel and the Boyer Candy Factory. The cost is $114. Anyone interested please call Miriam @ 724-684-6105. We only have 12 seats left.