- Last Updated on Friday, 18 October 2019 22:45
By Miranda Startare
A resident and business owner in New Eagle addressed the council at the September 3 monthly meeting to register a complaint about debris and trash not being collected for weeks by the borough’s trash collector, County Hauling.
The resident stated that cardboard boxes and other trash items have not been collected for up to four weeks at times. Calls to the company have not been responded to adequately, he says. Because of this, the resident said he is choosing to not utilize the trash collector and will not be making any further payments.
A representative from County Hauling was in attendance at the meeting and apologized for the problems he experienced. He also said he would be having a conversation with the workers on that route and that they are working on improvements at the company.
In other business:
- Walnut Street is being prepared for paving before winter to solve the icing issue.
- Eagle Drive is being paved.
- Catch basins are being repaired.
- A new pickup truck was purchased for the borough, and additional features are being installed by the borough.
- An increase in ATV and dirt bike complaints has been noted, and residents are asked to contact the police if they are seen on roadways in the borough.