- Last Updated on Friday, 31 May 2019 22:19
Monongahela Valley Hospital's (MVH) Charles L. and Rose Sweeney Melenyzer Pavilion and Regional Cancer Center offers one of the most progressive programs for cancer prevention, diagnosis, treatment and education in Southwestern Pennsylvania.
As part of MVH's continuing education program for medical professionals, the hospital is hosting its Annual Oncology Symposium on Wednesday, June 26, from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. in the Anthony M. Lombardi Education Conference Center. Physicians will receive 5.0 Continuing Medical Education (CME) hours and nurses will receive 5.0 Continuing Education Units (CEU) for attending.
National and local oncology experts will present these featured topics:
- Staging and Resectability in NSCLC
- Current Therapeutic Approaches for Early-Stage HER2-Positive Breast Cancer
- Diagnostic and Therapeutic Approaches to Thyroid Nodules
- Modern Management of Hepatic Metastasis from Colorectal and Non-Colorectal Gastrointestinal Malignancies
- Improving Outcomes in Gynecologic Cancers: PARP Inhibition and Immunotherapeutic Approaches
To register, call 724-258-1750. Reservations are required.