Food & Dining
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 05 July 2016 00:51
(BPT) - Though many trends have come and gone, there's one food that's been long loved by young and old alike: that's milk.
|Milk is a drink that has countless classic pairings.|
With B vitamins for energy, high-quality protein to help build lean muscle, Vitamin A to help support a healthy immune system and calcium and Vitamin D for strong bones, milk is both a go-to and good for you to drink!
Plus, milk is a drink that has countless classic pairings. To up your family's milk intake, consider some of these scrumptious ideas:
* Blend milk with fresh fruit and a few ice cubes to create a creamy smoothie.
* Enjoy a cold glass of milk and a delicious Entenmann's donut for breakfast, as a snack or dessert.
* Beyond breakfast, cereal and milk are a great snack for after school or before bed.
* Join the kids for a PB&J and glass of milk.
* Try dipping your sandwich in the milk for a treat.
Milk can be a delicious and nutritious part of your family's day, but for some food-insecure families, drinking milk can be a rare indulgence.
Fortunately, you can help make a difference to ensure families in need have access to milk simply by participating in Entenmann's Donuts & Milk: Perfect Together Sweepstakes. Entenmann's is joining The Great American Milk Drive for the Facebook sweepstakes from Aug. 7 to Oct. 31. Each entry will trigger a donation to The Great American Milk Drive to help deliver nutrient-rich milk to families in need across the country. It's Entenmann's Bakery's goal to donate 100,000 servings of milk by the end of the sweepstakes. To learn more, visit www.facebook.com/entenmanns.
The Great American Milk Drive also accepts donations directly at milklife.com/give so you can help families in your local community. To date, more than 800,000 gallons - that's over 12 million servings - of milk have been delivered to families across the country.