Business & Merchant
- Last Updated on Thursday, 31 August 2017 20:00
Douglas Education Center
Douglas Education Center (DEC), located at 130 Seventh Street in Monessen, Pennsylvania, was established in 1904 as a business and secretarial school.
|Douglas Education Center Staff|
The founder of the then Douglas Business College was Warren Douglas. Current owner, Jeffrey D. Imbrescia, has owned the school and has been CEO/President since 1989. Douglas School of Business was incorporated on January 31, 1977 and, thus, became Douglas School of Business, Inc. and began doing business as Douglas Education Center on February 20, 2001.
Over 110 years ago, DEC opened its doors, committed to serving its students and helping them achieve their educational and career goals. Today, generations of students later, that commitment remains DEC’s top priority.
The Mon Valley Regional Chamber of Commerce awards a scholarship annually to a student entering Douglas Education Center, with proceeds from the Melvin B. Bassi Memorial Golf Tournament. For more information on Douglas Education Center, please visit their website at www.dec.edu.
Pictured in the photo:
The staff at Douglas Education Center (pictured L to R) First Row: Janelle Imbrescia, Loretta Castana, Lauri Aston, Melody Gazdick, Kevin Fear, Kerry Timko, Michael Crosby, Kimberly Myers. Second Row: Jeffrey D. Imbrescia, Tom Savini, Jerry Gergely, Charlotte Kobaly, Debra Fosbrink, Diane Fox, William Ritter. Third Row: Patrick Walsh, Kristine Jadyk, Tony Baez-Milan, N. Renee McDowell, Debra Wise, Karen Nelson, Cody Ruch. Fourth Row: Michael Irwin, Jesse Lechok, John Sechrist, Bill Johnson, Marcinus Crampo, James Huba.