- Last Updated on Saturday, 01 December 2018 17:34
The Monongahela Area Revitalization Corporation (M.A.R.C.) is holding its second annual Christmas House Decorating Contest!
|Thomas, Vincent, and Elyse LaCarte pose with ‘Marshall’ from Paw Patrol as they get ready for MARC's Christmas Decorating Contest.|
This year’s event will be sponsored by Community Bank. Participation is open to all residents in the City of Monongahela, New Eagle, and all of Carroll Township with a 15063 zip code. Entry forms are available online and in many businesses in Monongahela thru December 12. The contest is FREE but participants must register.
Homeowners must register or be “nominated” by an admirer in order to be judged. Judging will be based on “curb appeal” as viewed from the street only and will take place from 6-8 PM between December 14 and December 18. Participants should ensure that all lights, animations, and decorations are in place and activated for the judging period. Winning homeowners will be awarded a congratulatory sign in their front yard on December 21 and will receive an 8”x10” color photo of their home’s Christmas display.
Last year, forty-four homes and businesses participated in the contest. Because of a positive response to last year’s contest, MARC has extended the registration period and will add 2 additional categories this year. The new categories include ‘Debatable Inflatables’ (At least 5 or more inflatables are required for this one.) and ‘Anything Goes’ (Can’t decide which category fits best? no specific theme, but WOW!)
Last year’s categories will also once again be included in the judging:
- Holy Night (The best display with a religious theme)
- Norman Rockwell (A classical, nostalgic, old-fashioned Christmas)
- Clark Griswold (A display with excessive use of outdoor lighting and decorations)
- Charlie Brown (The best decorations on a doghouse, tool shed, barn, detached garage, etc.)
- Martha Stewart (Elegant, neat, and magazine-worthy)
- Best Decorated Block (The street or block in a neighborhood that has the best and most lights and decorations)
- Best Store Front (Local businesses are encouraged to participate)
Application forms may be picked up at the following locations: Community Bank, The Monongahela Area Chamber of Commerce, Cox Market, Sparklesby Shell, Little City Coffee, and Hills Restaurant. Entry forms may also be obtained on the MARC Facebook page:
www.Facebook.com/MonongahelaAreaRevitalizationCorporation/MARC. To be eligible, you must fill out and submit an entry form no later than 4 P.M. on December 12, 2018.