- Last Updated on Tuesday, 30 January 2018 00:29
Free tax help is available at the following locations:
- Bentworth Senior Center, W - 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. 2/14 – 4/4. Call 724-239-5887.
- Washington Senior Center, M, T, H - 8 a.m. – 12 p.m. 2/5 – 4/13. Call 724-222-8566.
- Presbyterian Senior Center, F - 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. 2/9 – 4/6. Call 724-250-4993.
- Burgettstown Senior Center, T, H - 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. 2/13 – 4/5. Call 724-947-9524.
- Midway Firehouse, By appointment only. 2/26 and 3/12. Call 724-467-0607.
- McDonald/Cecil Senior Center, H - 9:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. 2/8 – 4/12. Call 724-743-1827.
- Peters Twp. Public Library, T, W, H - Call for hours. Call 724-941-9430.
Taxpayers MUST make an appointment and bring last year's tax return, all 2017 tax documents, and photo IDs. Taxpayers eligible for the PA property tax and rent rebate must bring original stamped 2017 property tax receipts or a signed form PA 1000 RC from their landlord showing the amount of rent paid for 2017. If you must cancel your appointment, please call as early as possible so that we may help another taxpayer.
Volunteers are trained and IRS-certified and can prepare federal, state, and local income tax returns as well as PA property tax and rent rebate requests. Completed returns are filed electronically with both the IRS and the PA Department of Revenue unless paper returns are required. There are limitations as to the types of returns that can be prepared and returns including rentals, farm income, depreciation, and businesses with employees will be referred to a paid preparer. Taxpayers with complex returns or large gas well royalties may also be referred to a paid preparer.
For further information and questions, contact the Peters Twp. Library and leave your name, number, topic, and best time to call with the front desk. They will forward your message to Dean Rath, the Washington County district coordinator for action.