- Last Updated on Friday, 29 December 2017 23:19
The Monongahela Area Revitalization Corporation (MARC) announced the winners in its first Christmas decorating contest sponsored by Community Bank, at its December meeting.
|MARC Christmas Decorating Contest|
The contest was open to residents and businesses in Monongahela, Carroll Township, and New Eagle. Homes/businesses could have been entered by either the owner or an admirer via the MARC Facebook page, by sending MARC an email, or by filling out a written registration sheet.
Winners by category are:
- Best Overall Display – Darwin Levkus, 40 Decker Street, Monongahela
- Clark Griswold – Tim Snyder, 1229 4th Street, Monongahela
- Charlie Brown – Alex and Anthony Belluso, 1206 Thomas Street, Monongahela
- Holy Night – Scott Bellavance, 1107 Keenan Road, New Eagle
- Best Neighborhood Block – Driftwood Drive, Carroll Township
- Martha Stewart –Branden Stotka, 1615 4th Street Extension, Carroll Township
- Norman Rockwell – Deanna and Hosie Cook, 509 4th Street, Monongahela
- Best Store Front Display – Dr. Stephanie Wehrle-Davies Family Dentistry, 1117 W. Main Street, Monongahela
Independent judges from Allegheny and Washington County were asked to rate the entries in five areas, according to the category in which they were entered. Judges visited the displays during the week of December 11 -15 from 6 – 9 p.m.
MARC thanks the 43 entrants who made this a community event. MARC also wishes to thank Community Bank as this year’s sponsor, Zimmer Printing of Monongahela, Grilli’s Studio of New Eagle, and The Sign Guy of Charleroi. Also, thanks to the businesses that helped to collect the entry forms: Hill’s Restaurant (New Eagle), Sparkles by Shell, Devore Hardware, Little Coffee Shop, Community Bank (Monongahela), and Cox Market (Carroll Township).
Due to the community participation in this year’s event, MARC is making plans to hold the contest again next year and expanding the number of categories.