- Last Updated on Tuesday, 01 August 2017 18:07
The final exhibit for the MMCT Art Competition will be displayed at the Monessen Public Library and Cultural Center from August 5 to August 17.
|Matt Shorraw, Board member, stands with the exhibit, now showing at the Rostraver Library|
The competition was open to artists throughout the Mon Valley area and each first prize winner will have his or her work published in a limited-edition ‘Happiness’ box of cards that will be sold just in time for the Christmas holiday.
There is one more artist to be included in the box of cards along with a $100 prize, as the People’s Choice. Visit us on the website and view all the entries and register each vote with a credit card donation. By placing your vote you can make one more artist Happy, the theme of the competition! To place your vote for your favorite artist or artists go to the Mid Mon Valley Cultural Trust website: www.mmvct.org.
The judges have awarded the following area artists in the age categories:
- 8-11 age group: First prize: Alex Kolowitz, Belle Vernon; second prize: Kylie Miller, Belle Vernon; and third prize: Kaylee Kaneshiro, Coal Center.
- 12-14 age group: First prize: Bela Ronzio, Donora; second prize: Ariana Gudel, Daisytown; and third prize: Danielle Ferraro, Belle Vernon.
- 15-18 age group: First and second prize: Lauren Rockwell, Brownsville; and third prize: Maddison Hite, Daisytown.
- 19 + group: First prize: Andrea Parasolick, Belle Vernon; second prize: Shaun Rosario, Donora; and a tie for third prize: Shaun Rosario and Phil Miceli, Belle Vernon.
This is the first art competition sponsored by MMVCT and was open to residents in the Mon Valley area.